The Sewing Corner
Two Mug Bag
Donated by Lois McKay Penticton BC
This Quilted Mug Bag is a nice way for you to bring your Coffee Mug to all your Square Dances.
Be sure to put your name and Phone # in the bag.
- Made from a brown paper bag. Find a brown paper bag to suit your cups and use it.
- We suggest a 6 3/4 x 3 7/8 paper bag. This is the measurement of the bottom of the bag.
- This will fit most normal size cups. The pattern could be easily modified for bigger bags.
- Using Velcro on the flaps to hold it closed and be able to carry it by the flaps. The A B line is the center line for the center piece.
Use Quilted material the size of material you will need is easily determine after you cut your bag out of paper.
- Cut the bag as shown in the diagram then cut out the Center piece from another bag .
- Sew 4 corners with good sides together leaving an 1/4 ‘” seam allowance.
- Then turn it outside in and sew your center piece in next Sides only.
- Sew2 strips of velcro to the four flaps, two on each flap.
- Sew two of one type on the top of one flap and two of the other type on the bottom of the opposite flap.
- you will need 18″ of velcro for the bag, no matter what size cups you use.