Music and Video Licensing

Important Memo for when you receive your Entandem renewal notice

Dance events in BC may be filmed, recorded, and photographed
by various individuals and/or the media.
These photos and recordings may be used for educational, archival or promotional purposes
and may be included in future dance publications, videos and websites.
Unless otherwise stated, you agree to be filmed, recorded, or photographed
for the above said purposes.
Please advise event organizers and/or photographers if you do not wish to have your image used.

Entandem, Music Licenses

For Square and Round Dancing in Canada, Tariff 19 License is required in order for us to use music at our dances.
The Entandem licensing for video is a Tariff 22.D.

We need a Tariff 19 Licence

(Currently outdated info - see the memo link above)
This is best obtained by the caller or cuer at an annual cost of $64.00 +Tax. (check for new rates?)

This was negotiated by the CWDIA and Socan in 2003.
If your caller or cuer is unwilling to get this licence, then the club itself
should do so using the Socan formula and this will be more expensive.

As defined in the CWDIA/SOCAN agreement - a Tariff 8 licence is required.
To make everything very easy, Socan has appointed a representative to
take care of all Canada’s Square and Round Dance SOCAN business.

Paul Tansey (Vancouver).
Toll Free: 1-855-957-6226 ext. 1622
Cell: 604-787-2012
To email click here: EMAIL

He can answer any questions you may have and also create a SOCAN ACCOUNT
for your organization(Club, Association, Federation, Society) and he will
email you directly the necessary application(s) and form(s) and all relevant information.

For more information about Entandem: